Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hourmelts – Twenties = Love

Release: 2007-11-01
Genre: Acid Jazz, Bossa Nova
Runtime: 38:09
Download (320)
20110922_hourmelts_1

A friend of me recommended this to me a few years ago and I just recently found it again on my old hard drive. This is the first album by this duo (their other album, Meaningful Days was released in 2009). I wasn’t able to get much info on them since their website seems to be down. Anyway, this is far from being the most underground album ever since AKP seems to have done an article on it in September. But whatever, I’m cool with that.
This is yet another album to chill out to with most of the tracks being excellent. All the tracks blend in very nicely with each other though, if I had to pick two that stood out, it would be the first and second tracks, Time Feedback and Moonlight Melody. For some reason, the singer’s vocals feel a little bit odd in Moonlight Melody but that doesn’t take anything away from their cuteness and simpleness.
I’m probably going to start looking for their 2009 album sometime in the future when I have more free time… And when I don’t have like 20 artists in my “to-listen” list.
Tracklist:
  1. Time Feedback
  2. Moonlight Melody
  3. Your World, My Nest, Vague Trust
  4. Another Tropical
  5. Earphone World
  6. 어디에 있나요
  7. 같이 살게 되었어요
  8. Heart Noise
  9. Twenties = Love
  10. Snow Sun

    No comments:

    Post a Comment